|WKC Scholarship Application|
|Written by Administrator|
|Thursday, December 16 2004 11:26|
Click here for application Open to High School Seniors and College Students.
Awarded by The Woodbridge Kart Club
Background and purpose: This college Scholarship fund was established in recognition of former Woodbridge Kart Club members who contributed through their actions, words and deeds to the enjoyment by everyone in the sport of kart racing. The one-time grant shall be a one-year scholarship in an amount to be determined by the Scholarship Committee appointed by the Board of Directors of the Woodbridge Kart Club. Thereafter, a 1-year grant shall be awarded each year to one student or more until all available monies in the fund are depleted. The first scholarship grant shall be no sooner than the summer of 2001.
The board should establish a policy over the investment and over the spending of the scholarship fund to assure that some portion of the earnings are reinvested each year and that the fund shall grow over time. It is the intent of the endowment that no Woodbridge Kart Club individual profit in any way from the endowment except through the award of a scholarship grant.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS
1. The applicant must have graduated high school and been awarded a diploma.
2. The applicant must provide a letter of acceptance (or their most recent transcript showing their GPA if they are reapplying) from an accredited College, Tech or Trade School.
3. Candidate must have received passing grades in all courses.
4. Candidate MUST be a member of the club at the time the application is submitted.
5. Applicant must have participated actively in the club and be able to demonstrate that participation through at least ONE letter of recommendation to the Scholarship Committee from a member of WKC. At least TWO other letters of recommendation should be included referencing some or all of the following characteristics of the candidate: ethical behavior, sportsmanship, fellowship, concern for other karters, leadership skills, school spirit, and a sense of humor. These letters can be from club members, teachers, employers or clergy. No letters from immediate family will be accepted.
1. Scholarship Fund should be administered by the Scholarship Committee, which is to be appointed by the BOD. The committee shall meet a minimum of once a year to review applications and will make recommendations to the board. BOD has final authority over the award of the scholarship grant.
2. Deadline for scholarship application shall be July 1st of each year.
3. Applications shall consist of:
a. The application form.
b. An essay written by the applicant on “The lessons I’ve Learned from Karting.” The essay should be a minimum of one single-spaced typed page and a maximum of two single-spaced typed pages.
c. Letter of Acceptance from the college or learning institute that he/she will be attending.
d. Transcript of applicant’s grades.
4. Applicant must have been a member in good standing of WKC and must have been “active” in the sport of kart racing or in the Woodbridge Kart Club.
5. Scholarship money shall be paid directly to the school. In the event the recipient shall fail to attend the school, the grant shall be restored to the fund.
6. All applicants shall be notified of the status of the award. The winner will be announced at the Sunday morning meeting of the July club race.
7. The committee reserves the right to NOT make an award in any given year.
8. Applicants may apply for awards in subsequent years. Those applicants who have submitted forms in previous years are requested to include all parts of the application. A transcript with cumulative GPA from the current spring semester must be included. You have the option to write a new essay about "The Lessons I've Learned From Karting", revise or edit the one already submitted in the previous year, or resubmit the same essay as before for judging. Please include new letters of recommendation, although the same people may be asked.
|Last Updated on Monday, January 21 2013 17:53|